Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Google Evil? The Modern Evil?

What's this thing on Google Evil?  News are out on Google is Evil due to Plug-in Installation. Okay, this is something that concerns millions of internet users.

Asa Dotzler claimed that Google secretly installs Google Update Plug ins into firefox without the users' knowledge. This claim was made on Asa Dotzler's blog.



“What makes Google think it’s reasonable behavior for them to slip a Google Update plug-in into Firefox when I installed Google Earth or Google Chrome (not sure which one caused this) without asking me first?” Dotzler wrote. “This is not OK behavior.”


“When I installed iTunes, in order to manage my music collection and sync to my iPod, why did Apple think it was OK to add the iTunes Application Detector plug-in to my Firefox web browser without asking me?” Dotzler asked.

“In my book, that fits the definition of a trojan horse. Yes, that is precisely how a trojan horse operates,” explained Dotzler. “These additional pieces of software installed without my consent may not be malicious but the means by which they were installed was sneaky, underhanded, and wrong.”

 Whoah! This is something serious! This is a sensitive issue that must be looked into, with everyone of us internet users affected! So do you think Google is Evil? Do you think Google is spying on us and our privacy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment