Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tomatoes for Clearer Skin!

I'm going natural in clearing my skin of acne and unwanted skin problems. Instead of spending money on expensive cosmetic and skin care products which only drains my pocket, I just head to the kitchen for effective, low cost cure.

In my earlier post, I introduced "Lemon" as my anti pimple, anti scar home remedy.

Today, I'm sharing another natural remedy for acne and scars- Tomatoes.

The first time I heard about tomato juice applied directly on the skin was from a local celebrity- beauty queen. I tried applying tomato on my face after that but never applied it again, not until the past weeks after my acne break outs.

First, why tomato? What is in tomato that helps clear up the skin? Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which are anti-oxidants. The anti-oxidants are what help our bodies get rid of toxins. and free radicals that damage our body's collagen. Many of the cosmetic products nowadays contain lycopene because of it's anti-oxidants.

Tomatoes also contain vitamin C which is essential in skin repair and in the production of collagen for skin elasticity.

Tomatoes also contain vitamin A which helps keep the skin younger looking and helps in the formation of new cells.

Tomatoes also contain anti inflammatory properties. Hence it helps in reducing swelling brought about by pimples and also prevent skin blemishes.

How to apply:

1. Eat Tomatoes. Make it part of your everyday diet.
2. Apply tomatoe juice directly on your face before shower. Leave it on for 2 minutes to 5 minutes before rinsing it off. Remember to conduct a skin test first.

That's it..More tips in my next articles..

1 comment:

  1. i also use tomatoes on my face. it's natural and it works.

    ReplyDelete