Monday, February 22, 2010

High Bulging Forehead: Sign of Superior Intelligence?

“I’m a dangas girl, like my mother!” (Loose Translation: "Dangas" means “malaki noo or bonbonan”/ big or bulging forehead)

I remember this line pretty well.

At age 6 and below, I was always asked to say this line in front of all my uncles and aunties. It appeared as if I was bragging at having a high bulging forehead. My relatives seemed entertained as they watched a 6 year old cheerfully and innocently boasted about her bulging forehead. That wasn’t embarrassing at all as they’d bribe me with big claps, and few cents to a peso. They all loved my little presentation, I knew by their merry eyes. . Then I’d slowly exit, with that childish grin thinking “Yeheey Naa ko Kwarta!” (loose translation: “Yeheey, I have money!”) It felt like I outsmarted them all to giving me some cash with a simple sentence. Now I know they tricked me for fun’s sake..lol..

Anyway, is a high bulging forehead a sign of superior intelligence? This is the common belief that’s not proven scientifically. Having a bulging forehead does not indicate above average brainpower. So don’t get intimated upon the sight of someone with bigger/wider forehead than yours. Seriously, a high bulging forehead means just one thing: “a high bulging forehead”. heheh

5 comments:

  1. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... but it applies to you dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous, bwahahahhaha! do you know me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno but seems true.
    halos mga bright kay dangas daw. si einstien, mga scientist, samot na ang mga monks! hehehe bitaw, tanawa sa pinas ug america, kinsa bay presidente nga dili dangas? smart dba?
    hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ning, good point ning.. heheh..

    sabagay mostly sa mga bright kay mga dangas man.. pero scientifically, wala man basis gud.. we may say it's all coincidence until proven..;)

    ako dangas man ko pud but ordinary ra man ako brain power..hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point "nimbac to lo masu vee too fretum aganata" hahahaha
    translation..." It means nothing at all , I just have a high forehead and I thought it would be funny to post jibberish and pretend I was talking in your language hehehe"

    ReplyDelete